RE: ::scr ActiveBuddy / Desktop Dipsy

From: Simon Wistow <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/15/01 12:16:41 PM

> Have a squiz at http://www.activebuddy.com (thanks to
> Simon Batistoni for the link). It's basically Dipsy but
> for Instant Messengers and they claim they've got Patent
> Pending so I mailed them. Ok, so they bit about the
> Jabber is a bit of a white lie to get a rise but it could
> probably be done within less than a day. They also have
> their own scripting langauge - which technically we do as
> well in the form of Perl but it wouldn't be hard to knock
> up a simplified Infobot scripting language.
>
> The contact section was a fill in form but here's the
> text ....

[snip]

Also worth digging out a copy of the proceedings of last years
Perl conference. I'm pretty sure that in Lenzo's paper on Infobots
there's a section about running them on the desktop as a personal
assistant.

Dave...

p.s. Hello. I'm here :)

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>

"Let me see you make decisions, without your television"
   - Depeche Mode (Stripped)