Re: ::scr programming/$job burnout

> Something interesting came up on this walk - how many of you (I'm thinking
> especially of the programmers but it's a valid question for all) would be
> doing their job if it wasn't for the Net 'revolution' - and I don't just
mean
> working for their current employer - I mean how many of you would be
working
> as, say, a programmer if they hadn't started off doing web stuff?

Yup. I got into computers when I was about 8 - that is, in 1982. At that
time, the internet was the exclusive domain of a few academics, and was
still called Arpanet. I had no idea computers could be connected together,
but from the time I wrote my first BASIC program I knew what I wanted to do.

Simon