Re: ::scr Re: Cognitive Friction

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:28:56AM +0000, jo walsh wrote:
> to re-state the problem in alexander's words it is the "system"-ness, the
> methodology that i think is a corruption of the gist.

Nail, hammer, BANG!

I suspect this is true of most, if not all methodologies.  They're not a
substitute for experience and don't mean that you can get away without
thinking about a problem.  Unfortunately, many people simply apply a
methodology expected it to design them a nice house or functional piece
of software without having to engage any grey matter of their own.