Re: ::scr open sores

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:47:44AM -0800, John McDonnell wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, David Cantrell wrote:
> > [Apache] does not scale to very high traffic at all well, for
> > instance.
> Hmm, odd that we use it then - both About.com and Freeservers.com use
> clusters of Apache web servers ...

We use it at the BBC too.  And because the Open Sores Way is a Good Way,
we are attempting to fix the problem by making Apache even more patchy.
Or rather, we will when we've identified the bottlenecks.

--
David Cantrell | david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  I often reflect that if "privileges" had been called "responsibilities"
  or "duties", I would have saved thousands of hours explaining to people
  why they were only gonna get them over my dead body.
                 -- Lee K. Gleason in comp.org.decus