RE: ::scr Re: doesn't have the morlocks

> > And as a "conscious  entity, you may make the wrong choice
> and not even
> > try, or be discouraged by early failure.
> > Then you get eaten, as opposed to flying off. (or whatever
> happens to
> > humans)
>
> It is better to know you cant fly even if their is a tiny
> chance that you
> can and try to find a different way to escape than to try
> running over the
> cliff and in all probability die.

In my extreme example, creature X would die.

Let's look at creature X in a different setting, where he's got a small
hill to jump off, but he still thinks he's a ground hugger.

If he takes that leap, then look at what he's gained. And if he has to
fall over and get brusied a few times, is it worth it?

Relate this to human achievement (example... artistic endevour)

> >> evolution only works if creatures are born with inherent
> >> differences
> >> which affect what they can and cant achieve.
> >
> > Evolution as applied to animals is no longer applicable to humanity.
>
> How fantastically arrogant, why do you suppose that we are
> that diferent?
> there are still many people who die childless to provide the
> evolutionary
> pressures needed.

A small minority of the worlds population die due to classical evolutionary
pressures. Instead they live or die depending on the pressures put upon them
by
human creations (nations at war, famine).

We're not that far removed from animals, but the evolutionary pressures we
now contend with are.