Re: ::scr Paying for It

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 12:44:18PM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 12:15:31PM +0100, Simon Batistoni said:
> > But do I get a cut of the ISP tax because I have a personal homepage,
> > and people come and look at my photos? If not, why not? Am I any less
> > legitimate than another site?
> I haven't thought about this fully but ... you register with some
> central authority.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!  What central authority?  How are they funded?  Who
controls them?  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

>                    Web servers (or routers or something) securely (hand
> wave over the details) monitor traffic to your site.

That's a very big handwave.  I think that to do this we need to involve the
Alien Space Bats.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  All principles of gravity are negated by fear
                                            -- Cartoon Law V