Re: ::scr Seti@Home & Global Warming

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Alaric Snell wrote:

> On Friday 17 May 2002 11:54, you wrote:
> > Is someone good at maths?  I was just wondering if it's possible to
> > work out how energy consumption has been 'wasted' on the Seti@Home
> > project?  There's a lot of computers out there that never idle,
> > continually sucking up electricity and leading to depletion of
> > various fuel resources.

I've read about this before, but i can't remember where...
this site gives some numbers:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/2404

billy

 Cheer and ogle went the boys in the black t-shirts and the
 shorts. Rock and roll went Gandhis Hairdryer - Robert Rankin
Software Engineer                             www.FactSet.com