Re: ::scr semantic

On Monday 05 August 2002 11:21, you wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Simon Wistow wrote:
> > So, this Semantic Web thing. Some people
> > (http://www.blackbeltjones.com/work/mt/archives/000326.html#000326) seem
> > to be very excited about it. As far I can see it's just a mechanism so
> > that I dont have to do all that tedious screen scraping myself but then,
> > up until now, I haven't cared enough to dig deeper.
>
> I downloaded NetNewsWire and it did not change my life.
>
> The main reason is that the value of the content depends on how
> people set up their feeds. Some, for example, just have a link to the web
> page and sometimes (if you're lucky a comment). And Slashdot's feed is
> just a headline.

Hmmm... you guys are talking more about Web Services than Semantic Web, here.

Web services = stuff like RPC or using HTTP to fetch a
not-necessarily-human-readable file from a bit of software, like those
syndication things.

Semantic Web = the 'web' being mainly strung together with
computer-processable logical statements like Prolog rather than just text in
human languages which computer's can't automate the browsing of.

> Celia

ABS