Re: ::scr cross over media

On Sunday 22 September 2002 21:03, Simon Wistow wrote:

> Domain Specific languages are interesting. On the one hand they can make
> doing tasks really easy. Say for example, a hypothetical language for
> doing 3D.

My final year thingy at Uni was a new programming language technique for
extending the language without having to hack the compiler, just by importing
a library.

Using the same trick one could then pare the language down to something
barely above assembly language and have all the features we know and love
(like 'functions' and 'objects' and 'types') implemented as extra stuff you
load, thus making compilers simpler, languages more modular, and
experimentation and customisation easier.

That is all.

http://love.warhead.org.uk/~alaric/junk/STFFAP/

ABS

--