re: :x:scr Interface Evolution

On 31/10/2001 at 12:09 +0000, matt jones wrote:

>Simon wrote:

>> One
>> thing I can't get used to in Macs (and various Linux desktops) is the
>> lack of Windows style right click context menus (they're probably there
>> but I don't know where - Doze is just what I'm used to. Macs have them
>> bound to the Apple key?).
>
>It's bound to something (ctrl?) but I can't remember what (Bueller?
>Bueller? Mison?) since I always use FinderPop which pops context menus up
>after the mouse has been down for a user-defined amount of time. It's
>suprising how little that interferes with your everyday pointing and
>drooling, actually.

Finderpop++ # one of the three or so essential OS 9 utilities

But yeah, by default, there are context menus on Crtl+Click, but as the
boy Jones says, you can just hold and click. See that need for two
mouse buttons go away. (I don't know how Richard dealt with this in
Linux when using a Mac laptop, but as Simon said, maybe he didn't need
it.)

--
:: paul
:: husk