Re: ::scr tell me why you're using OSX, you big geek

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 06:11:26PM +0000, Piers Cawley wrote:
> I didn't think they got the bash prompt by default, you have to say
> 'yes, I really know what I'm doing' at the install stage to get one of
> those don't you?

IIRC you get tcsh by default.  I didn't think that they even supplied a
bash binary.  To get bash, I had to install it myself (thankyou fink) and
then chsh wouldn't work, and neither would editing the passwd file, so I
had to fiddle around in netinfo.

The really stupid thing is that /etc/passwd *still* has me down as using
tcsh, which could lead to Interesting Times if anything ever decides to
read that standard file to get info about me.

--
David Cantrell | david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  There is no sigmonster