RE: ::scr Re: doesn't have the morlocks

> I heartily agree with you. I think. Although maybe not.
>
> On the one hand, and maybe I'm not understanding you
> properly, but I do
> feel that not everybody can be good at everything - that, given enough
> time, I could become as good an artist as say Michelangelo or
> as good a
> writer as Shakespeare or as good a physicist as Niels
> Bohr or Einstein or ...
>
> People are wired differently. We have different strengths and
> weaknesses
> and for one to even be good, let alone as stratospherically good as
> those individuals mentioned above. To be truly good at something there
> needs to be creative leaps of inspiration. I don't pretend to
> understand
> the process of how our minds work and it would be interesting
> to see if
> an AI could be good at everything but my ut feeling is that because of
> the way our neurons interact, it's very difficult to be good at
> everything.

Okay... this is a minor rant, but it's something I think is very
important...:

I would argue that you're defeating any chances you have to be an artist, or
a writer or a physicist. Bohr was wired differently to Einstien who was
wired
differently to Newton. I believe that anyone who takes the view that certain
people are "born differently/ better equipped" is limiting themselves and
also
participating in a form of prejudice against themselves and everyone else.

Even if the wiring thing was true, what is the point of beleving it and
being self
limiting....?

dan