RE: ::scr Re: doesn't have the morlocks

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Tom Forwood wrote:

> So should ther person who has a genetic defect making him unable to produce
> growth homone go in for the sport of shelf lifting, spending all his time
> on a rack and lifting heavy bags of flour from high cupboards or should he
> go in for limbo dancing.  Preperations for the two could certainly be
> mutually exclusive

This choice is down to the person in question - whichever of the 2 they
want to do. That choice is based more on the nurture side of the
nature/nurture argument - i reckon so, as i think environment plays a
bigger part than inheritance on your current mindset.

It's not a case of 'Which one should they do', its 'Which do they want to
do' with the want, being a product of mainly environment.

Although this is the more selfish view - if Einstein wanted to be a figure
skater, then the world would probably not be as well off - but i like
selfish, that's what environment has done to me ;)

billy

also, best mistype ever - Simon's comment the other day that the only way
to see if nature or nurture was the driving force would be by "...breading
babies....". Hmm get me some....

 Cheer and ogle went the boys in the black t-shirts and the
 shorts. Rock and roll went Gandhis Hairdryer - Robert Rankin
Software Engineer                             www.FactSet.com