Re: ::scr What porn sites don't want you to know..

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Simon Batistoni wrote:
>Apparently, as much as 1/3 of mail being sent today is spam. One in
>three damn messages. So, I have a couple of random questions:

And getting worse, apparently. There's a (slightly obvious / hollow)
projection linked to in the last comp.risks
<http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/22.29.html#subj8>

>I actually paraphrased those from memory (having just purged my spam
>box, dammit)

I've stopped purging spam lately, in the hopes of soon switching to one of
these simple frequency (or preferably something with a larger chain length)
probabilistic filters. Still at least since it's the same old crud it'll
presumably compress fairly well, and big disks are pretty cheap. The
write-up from Paul Graham <http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html> is fairly
compelling, although I'm sure this isn't new to many folk who pay more
attention than me.

--
ash
a-k