Re: ::scr More

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 10:06:53AM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> o I think I've fixed it so that space should appear between the ::Scr
> and the subject. This mail is a pseudo test.

Why have it at all?  Surely the list is aimed at people who haven't
slobbered drool over their computers by now, and know how to filter by
header.

> o I was talking to Robin on the walk yesterday about admin rights. Yes
> this list is on my box but the whole point is that it's supposed to be a
> discussion. On #london.pm almost everybody has ops if not everybody and
> we inform slavorg to trust them.

So what do admin rights get you over a mailman list?  On #london.pm
we're using it just so can set the topic of a channel, and that's
about it.

I'm just wondering what you expect it to do, cause without that
context it just seems like something completely arbitrary to be doing.

> o UK:R is essentially invite only (although not strictly on topic all
> time). But it has a very different character to (void). It's been
> suffering from prickly-heat-flame-wars as well. Interesting outcome of
> this was the list of mailing-list types that appeared on the homepage
> (http://www.ukresistance.com - not strictly associated with the list any
> more [WARNING may contain content not strictly suitable for viewing in
> the UAE])

I'm very much missing a point here, if you're making one.

--
Richard Clamp <richardc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>