Re: ::scr More

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 06:19:46PM +0100, Richard Clamp wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 10:06:53AM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> > o I think I've fixed it so that space should appear between the ::Scr
> > and the subject. This mail is a pseudo test.
>
> Why have it at all?  Surely the list is aimed at people who haven't
> slobbered drool over their computers by now, and know how to filter by
> header.

We don't all file everything away into individual folders.  If I did that
for each of my lists I'd end up with far too many of the damned things.
My *archives* are categorised, and I read my archives in threaded mode,
but most of my mail gets read straight from the inbox, in Date header order.

I have most lists go into my inbox*, yet am skilled in the arts of procmail**.

***

* - not all, some of the more insanely busy ones get filtered, as do those
    discussing confidential matters; the latter more as an aide memoire to
    keep the discussions private than anything else.
** - even if it does bite me on the arse occasionally.
*** - ENOCONTENTBETWEENREFERENTANDREFERENCE

--
David Cantrell | david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

If you save all your money for three years, you'll be able to afford this
new computer.  If, however, you blow all your money on poker, booze and
loose women - you'll still be able to afford it in three years.
                                                      --- anon, on Usenet