Re: ::scr The Geek Syndrome

chris ball wrote:
> I'm not at all dyslexic.  I've certainly found many dyslexics who are
> far better programmers than myself, though.

a friend of mine has a wonderfully dyslexic brother who is now doing a PhD
in hyperheuristics, whatever that is. he once talked of playing 'rushon
rullet' on a mailing list, perhaps he just doesnt care about spelling or
grammar as long as he makes sense.

earle wrote:
>That's interesting; I do that quite a lot, or skip out letters without
> meaning to. Plus sometimes when I write numbers they come out as letters.

i was making a booking in a restaurant last week and every time i said
seven the chap wrote down 8, and when i said eight he wrote down 7.
this was disturbing.

i used to drop off letters when i wrote and spent years having my
handwriting fixed. a friend of my mother's taught me some calligraphy and
that took my mind off things. our output rate is so slow, it's so easy to
lose track of nice threads.

i don't know about syndromes, if you are more or less competent and
stable. i have experienced some personal instability. the other day i saw
a woman in a fur coat that matched her dog.

jo
xx