::scr Technical Priesthood

This has come up before but this three year old post to
comp.lang.perl.misc and the subsequent thread is an interesting look on
the Technical Priesthood.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl764225113d&hl=en&selm=6bvgf3%24rfp%241%40csnews.cs.colorado.edu

Should the technology to access the Net/Web be sufficently complicated
in order to act like a driving test.

A couple of points :

1. This doesn't mean that the applications such as web browsers should
be difficult to use but maybe that there shouldn't be a point and drool
interface to get everything to connect.

2. Something else which I've forgotten because I went to a meeting
between starting to write this and finishing it. It'll come to me later.

Simon