Re: ::scr The Geek Syndrome

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:24:13PM +0000, Earle Martin wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 03:50:53PM +0000, Simon Batistoni wrote:
> > I always had a theory that intelligence increases your vulnerability
> > to these things. It's a cheesy way of thinking about it, but it
> > almost seems the faster a person's mind whizzes internally, the more
> > prone it is to wobble and fly off at an angle every so often.
> This is pretty close to what I've always thought. I'd be interested,
> actually, to compile a table of geeks and their various syndromes and
> cross-compare it also to, say, their Keirsey types[0] - and also throw in
> a bunch of non-geeks. I would imagine that strong trends would emerge.

I come out as an INTP or INTJ depending on the phase of the moon.  And
as far as I know I am in perfect health and always have been.  The only
reason I've been to see shrinks in the past was because other people
didn't know what to make of me :-)

--
David Cantrell | david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  I often reflect that if "privileges" had been called "responsibilities"
  or "duties", I would have saved thousands of hours explaining to people
  why they were only gonna get them over my dead body.
                 -- Lee K. Gleason in comp.org.decus