Re: ::scr Re: doesn't have the morlocks

> the technical side are much more aware of the problem, and are less
> presumptious about the importance of their speciality. [...]
> any of the other participants, but anyone saying "I don't really see the
> value of literature" in the same forum would be inconceivable.
>
> Hmmm ... Is it not also possible that Tracy Emin's work really has no value,
> and those who pretend to believe it does are just pretentious twits ? It is,

iit certainly has some kind of value even if negative. i could say, "isnt it possible that Hawking's work has no value, and those who pretend to learn from it are just pretentious twits?" would that be as valid a declaration? :)

> of course, possible that I just don't have the way of seeing required to
> appreciate it, but it is hard to see what value there is in moving your
> unmade bed into an art gallery.

someone whose opinion i respect, possibly someone here? told me recently
they'd recently seen the bed or tent, i forget which, and found it affective, impressive. i didnt see the shark, but i saw the bisected cow and calf and enjoyed that not even despite myself. and to have created a public image of that much affect, isnt that also value?

this has been my first mail sent with mutt so polgies if it didnt come out right
grep ^e.*lly$ /usr/share/dict/words

--
"My daily job involves typing up detailed
accounts of persecution and torture." -arp