Re: ::scr Re: doesn't have the morlocks

> iit certainly has some kind of value even if negative. i could say, "isnt
it possible
> that Hawking's work has no value, and those who pretend to learn from it
are just
> pretentious twits?" would that be as valid a declaration? :)

In some ways, yes. And actually Hawking's original contribution to physics
is quite small. However, if someone asked me to explain what Hawking's "A
Brief History of Time" contributes to human knowledge, I could make a decent
stab at it, whereas if someone asked me what affect Emin's bed is meant to
have on the viewer, I couldn't.

Simon