RE: ::scr Re: doesn't have the morlocks

> I'd say that people were "born wired in a certain way", yes,
> but that's not
> as simple as it sounds. It's not prejudice or self
> limitation. I appear to
> have been born with a natural grasp for certain types of
> system which makes
> me good with computers and mathematics and physics and stuff,
> but I end up
> trying to map everything into that kind of system which can
> be a handicap.

But I don't "believe" in natural ability. It's simply
you were exposed to enviromental factors that allowed that development.

> But it's much more complex than that. I have varying levels
> of success
> mapping something like 'art' into my mental map. But
> (particularly with
> things like 'art') looking at them from a bizarre perspective
> can reveal
> insights others miss.

okay, but this is about having comparable skills to a great artist,
composer, writer etcetera.
They may or may not have the insight you have. This begets the what is art /
what is great thing again.

> So it's not as simple as saying that I'd make a bad artist; I
> wouldn't be
> good at being an artist like most artists are, but I could
> probably bring my
> own worldview to art in a potentially useful way.

Looking at that sentence again, it seems to be a bit contradictory.

> Saying that this is a form of prejudice, or self limiting, is
> a bit hasty.
>
> > dan
>
> ABS

you've just said that you wouldn't be a good artist!