RE: ::scr Re: doesn't have the morlocks

> Dierences in ability realy do exist, there is little point in
> denying this,
> for instance, some people are born with a high percentage of
> fast twitch
> fibres in their muscles amking them good at sprinting and
> weightlifting
> while others have a higher percentage of slow twitch fibres
> making them
> better at endurance events.

Born with more fast / slow twitch fibres? Could you point me in
the direction of the evidence?

I know that, the long distance runner will have more slow twitch,
and the sprinter more fast twitch. But this is because muscle tissue
adapts to the stresses placed upon it.

Look at the gold medal winning atheletes with Asthma. In theory, they
have a natural disadvantage, but they somehow won.

> It can be best to know ones limitations and play to ones
> strengths.  If
> Einstein had ignored his propensity for mathmatics and had
> instead decided
> to become an artist he may have been a moderate artist with sufficient
> practice but both he and the world would have lost out through his not
> finding his true vocation.

Oh yes, play to your strengths... but limitations....why?

And think of the MILLIONS of people who, due to setting limits in front of
themselves never find their true vocation.

How many Einstein's, Van Gogh's, Newton's, Shakespears have we lost because
they were discouraged at the start?