::scr Other jobs, was Re: ::scr tales from the crypto

On Monday 22 April 2002 18:49, you wrote:

> No, it's responsible for the current employment of most of us *in our
> current jobs*.  If it weren't for widespread uptake of computers, I'd
> probably be a happy little engineer somewhere, or maybe I'd have been
> assimilated by some nasty consluting firm - but I'd be happy cos I wouldn't
> know any better.  The "computer revolution" neither created nor destroyed
> jobs, it just shuffled jobs around.

What would everyone do if it weren't for computers?

I'd either be writing or in electronics, or both.

Writing novels, technical books, or role playing games, I think.

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/