Re: ::scr removing the wuh-wuh-wuh

On Mon, May 20, 2002 at 12:12:40PM +0100, Dave Turner said:

> Really?  On what authority do you speak?  How much is "many"?  It
> never really occured to me that people would do this other than on
> public systems where they try to keep you within some given domain.

I've read something like this before as well but I can't find the
paper/report on it ... it is mostly within the walled garden style
browser things - get the user to go through a portal and keep 'em in
there.

I've said before that one of the (many) reasons I left $previous_job was
that the CEO said to me (without a trace of irony) that he couldn't wait
until he could control what the browser saw ...

I found my Dad surfing (for want of a better word) without the Location
bar open once ... he'd accidentally closed it and never reopened it.
This was just before the 'why do we have to have www and .com?' talk.

I've been reading some usability, HCI and IA books recently to try and
supplement the course I did in college and some of the anecdotes about
usability testing and the actions of users is, umm, frightening (?)

--
: it's not the heat, it's the humanity