Re: ::scr Towards a better text editor

* Richard Clamp (richardc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Yup, but what if you had one editor, which could load up custom
> behaviours for each of those, and still be remarkably consistent in
> all other respects.  That would be a splendid invention.

in other words, Emacs (and also vi)

> It's text, and so I'd like to be able to edit it, with an editor.  Go
> via TeX or DocBook if it makes things a little clearer as to where I'm
> coming from.

ok, for TeX i think Emacs can do the job, but thats just me, i also
think emacs does the job for html.

people who don't agree with emacs for TeX, generally use something
like lyx, which is merely a crutch for them and not something that
brings in a fundamentally different approach to data, such as structured
data which equires different catagory of application

> "behold the wisdom of Greg"

If only more people understood this, I could have a shop on TCR giving
away personality profiles and becoming the head of one of the most
disgusting religious organisations ever to have set foot on this earth.

anyway if you had of beheld my wisdom, we would now be talking about
document/file management systems

Greg

--
Greg McCarroll                                 http://217.34.97.146/~gem/