Re: ::scr Towards a better text editor

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 12:20:05PM +0100, Richard Clamp said:

> True, and I should know better too, but it does get it done and out of
> the way.  In future we'll be able to point back at the archives and
> say "behold the wisdom of Greg", and "we did the editor thing already,
> and no-one won, again"

I had two motives when I posted that ...

Ages ago, on london.pm, I said that I found Emacs unintuitive. I'd really like
to have a good discussion on what makes a good text editor - like Simon B said
- if you threw away all the text editors out there and started from scratch
what would you want. It was meant to be an editor war or an excuse to slag off
other editors unles it was constructive criticism (ok, so I'm more guilty of
this than anybody else but hey ho). Positive suggestions were what I was
looking for.

The other thing was to see if we could have the thread without degenerating
into a flame war.

--
: nature notes for the apocalypse