Re: Slashdot blows (was Re: ::scr Touchy Feely?)

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:53:33AM +0100,
the following was promulgated by David Turner:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:29:02AM +0100, Ben wrote:
> > This was linked off /. today, but I thought it was worth a read:
>
> Interesting construction there.  People have finally realised that Slashdot
> blows goats and the assumption now is that everyone knows this.  Is that fair?

	Slashdot as a whole is a like walking into the Albert Hall full
	of a random selection of people and having them all turn round
	to you and giving you their opinion at once and is therefore not
	worth the paper it isn't written on.

	I still go to the site everyday, the news feed boxes down the
	side save me going to x other sites unless there is a headline I
	am interested in (yes I know I could implement that myself). I
	also use the front page as a heads up on stories I might miss
	'cause the BBC and the couple of other news sources I follow
	haven't covered them yet.

	But the idea of reading the discussions or posting fills me with
	a cold moist feeling of dread.

--
	Tony Kennick
	$ whcih ispell