Re: Slashdot blows (was Re: ::scr Touchy Feely?)

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:17:58AM +0000, Tony Kennick wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:53:33AM +0100,
> the following was promulgated by David Turner:
> > On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:29:02AM +0100, Ben wrote:
> > > This was linked off /. today, but I thought it was worth a read:
> >
> > Interesting construction there.  People have finally realised that Slashdot
> > blows goats and the assumption now is that everyone knows this.  Is that fair?
>
> 	Slashdot as a whole is a like walking into the Albert Hall full
> 	of a random selection of people and having them all turn round
> 	to you and giving you their opinion at once and is therefore not
> 	worth the paper it isn't written on.
>
> 	I still go to the site everyday, the news feed boxes down the
> 	side save me going to x other sites unless there is a headline I
> 	am interested in (yes I know I could implement that myself).

Meerkat is good, but it has a tendency to replicate the same story, and
give too much weight to *spit* blogs.

It is interesting to note how many sites just rehash the same Reuters / AP
story (in many cases word-for-word or nearly so). It'd make me
very cynical about journalism, if the horror stories told by my ex hadn't
already done so...

Ben